Tuesday 4 August 2009

Transformers 2 - Review


I think everybody and their grandma was waiting for this film to come out. After the success of the first installment, Transformers 2 was in production and with the same cast.

Now this is a big film no doubt and if you did not buy your ticket in advance then sorry you were not seeing it on the day it came out.

I sat down with my pic n mix in one hand and drink in the other with my girl making the transformers sound effects lol (thinking I love the cinemas but dam its expensive). The cinema was jam packed and people were gearing up to watch the film of the summer.

Now I love the first Transformers film and could not wait any longer. My only hang up on Transformer film was that Optimus Prime was soft in the first one and I thought along with some other people he needed to man up and toughen up.

The beginning starts and pow action staight away, what more can I ask for?! The special effects are even better and the transformations are great. We are not really introduced to the new robots on the screen (I'm um who are they in the voice of Nikki from big brother). As the story is kept up to date with reference to Obama, we find out that the auto bots are working with the US army on a hush hush.

I don't want to give anything away, but when did Transformers turn into Terminator? At one point I was like, is this still Transformers 2 or did we watch an unused part in that Terminator film?

One of my many complaints about this film is that it is deemed to be a 12 cert when I thought it should have been a 15 cert as the language used shocked me. Maybe my age was catching up on me and I needed a rocking chair while playing bingo. Okay back to the film, the story line keeps you with Sam Witwicky moving to college and having a long distance love with Megan Fox (who seemed to have that slow motion effect every time she's on screen, oh maybe that was me).

Story is that the Decepticons want a machine that can destroy the world. Simple enough. Starscream assumes command of the Decepticons, and has decided to return to Earth with force. Megatron is back from his butt whomping and tag teams with Starscream to destroy the universe.

I have to say the fight scene in forest is by far the best I've seen in a while and Optimus Prime must have heard my toughen up speech as he stepped up to the plate and took out the bad guys like they stole something from his momma bot!

Question was asked near the end was what the hell was the end fight scene about as it lasted like 2 seconds and nothing like the fight in the forest...

With all the above said I did enjoy it but wanted more.

I give this a mister 2 drink 7/10


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:


Share/Save/Bookmark