Monday 3 August 2009

Blueprint 3 - Cover Art


So here is the cover for Blueprint 3....and what do we think?!

hmm...well my first reaction is maybe he's been hanging out with his little brother a bit too long. I believe this is the 1st album he's put out without his own mug on the front. I guess he feels safe knowing the world knows who he is now even Coldplay and Oasis fans due to his chum Chris Martin and his "beef" with the manc monkeys.

In the days when I actually used to buy CDs I always used to take out the sleeve and look through the booklet 1st, or if you're like Jay, read through the credits (volume 3 intro...do you listen to music, or do you just skim through it?). This looks more like one of the images you would find on the inside of those cover booklets. Thinking about the evolution of CDs to Ipods though, I suppose it'll look good on the Ipod screen.

I guess you could look at it in an artsy way and say...maybe the instruments all blended into the white background are representing the variety and depth of the background production, whilst the red stripes represent Hov's vivid stamp on top of this.

Well..who cares, end of the day if the music's on par with BP1 and half of BP2, i'll take it.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:


Share/Save/Bookmark