Thursday 15 April 2010

UK Talent: Open Your eyes to Obenewa

I'm all for showcasing UK talent and giving them the spotlight.

Obenewa is the younger sister of my friend Nadine Charles (get to know the name as I'll be blogging more on her). I have to thank Nadine for hooking me up on the guest list to witness Obenewa tear it up in Shoreditch House. The place was packed with industry people, other musicians and what not. Me being me bumped into a couple of faces I know. The crowd was loud as hell but I kinda zoned out when the host said that Obenewa was about to come on stage as all I wanted to hear the music.

Obenewa came on the stage with a guitar, and took a seat whilst the crowd clapped her. I first felt like I was in an underground world as I know I’m a big music lover and not to be big headed I know my music, but this was new to me as I’ve never heard of Obenewa. Mark my words though, I will never forget her now. As she sang away, I was like yeah this girl is bad. The UK can stand tall with talent like this and my ears were wide open.

I was clapping along and rocking side to side. Not knowing any of her songs, when the crowd were singing along, I just stood there amazed. Obenewa got the crowd to sing along after giving instructions and I loved it as she got the guys to sing one bit and then the ladies.

I'm downloading the mixtape as I type this (some killer tunes on here too)

Just wanted to big up Obenewa for opening my ear to some great music.

On that note here is the link for Obenewa's mixtape called “Therapy”

http://www.multiupload.com/EHACLEM3AF

and here is her blogsite:


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:


Share/Save/Bookmark