Thursday 7 January 2010

Dru Hill - Love MD ... Hate It or Rate It


Before I start I should reveal my biases...i'm a big fan of 90's RnB and Hip Hop, particularly the likes of Wu Tang, Jodeci, Dru Hill etc. So with that being said my opinion may be slightly weighted.

So, I thought with Sisqo currently being in the Big Brother house it would be a relevant time to air this. Dru Hill have slated a March 23rd release for their 4th album imaginatively/stupidly (delete as appropriate) titled Indrupendence Day.

The first release from their first album for 8 years is Love MD (listen below). I've got to say...I like it. The first thing I noticed was Sisqo seems to have lost his voice somewhat, from seeing him on BB though perhaps this is due to smoking and the like, tut tut. With that being said though he can still hold his own. This song is a bit of a throwback and maybe an indicator that there is still hope in a dying genre that lacks variety at the forefront.

Being critical i'd say after the 2nd verse the track loses it's way a little and could possibly have done with a 3rd verse but as far as comeback singles go I was expecting the worst and was nicely surprised. I rate it...do you agree or do you hate it?


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:


Share/Save/Bookmark