Tuesday 21 July 2009

Gran Torino - Film Review

When I first heard about this film I was like what is this old man going to do cha dam silly idea. Mr Honest thought wrong as this old man had issues and was grumpy as hell which was funny. Clint Eastwood still has the one liners and the look that tells you don’t want to mess with me (bad man forward, bad man pull up lol sorry had to put it in somewhere). A lot of the time this film had me in stitches and I can not recall a dull moment.

Plot
The death of his wife starts the film of and then you get to meet Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood) is a disgruntled war vet who is very tough minded and lack of people skills (wishing I was like him when I get older). The story is mainly about his relationship with his new neighbors who come from a different country (boy they can pack out their house). Well Walt has his dog for his best friend but his prize possession is his 1972 Gran Torino (even I wanted it). The teenager named Thao who lives next door (one of them quiet types) is under pressure from one of his cousins to steal Walt’s Gran Torino for initiation to the gang. The film takes a journey with Walt, Thao and his sister. He opens up and builds up a friendship with the family next door. Not going tell you much more as I see this as a must see.

Verdict
I really enjoyed it and thought it was a good film and it was well done. Loved the dialog between the characters, the storyline was nicely built up. This is no doubt a must see and I think it has earned the hype behind it…

I give it an 8/10 well above average….Clint Eastwood is the man….

Mr. Honest…..


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:


Share/Save/Bookmark